Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Napier-BEACH

So on Thursday and Friday the 19th and 20th a couple of friends(Tess from Georgia, Ashley from Washington State, Cameron and my fellow marching band member from Virginia Tech, Whitney) and I went to Napier in Hawkes bay, its the big u-shaped strip of land on the east coast(north island). We had a little trouble finding a room because it was art deco weekend, which meant really old cars and flapper style/1920's style clothing all over the place. The outfits were really different but interesting to see. We stayed in a Quality Inn, but this was a hopping hotel. There were old men in speedo's...HOT, I know! and old women in really bad suits(one I remember was a straight pastel purple one). The first day we got there we went to the beach and the ocean spa, because the bay was a little to cold to swim in. However I sighted our long last Titanic...or something that looked like it...

Later we got ready and went out to eat at a hole in the wall, but really good Italian restaurant. After that we went bar hopping to some Irish pubs and I saw BLARNEY stone, pretty good for not being on the same continent. My friends, Tess, Ashley and Whitney all forgot their passports so they got rejected from the bar, but we all left to go to the grocery store to get booze. We went back to out hotel and I realized that I don't really like Heineken or any beer(hard liquor!) apart from ten man and sometimes beer band. The beach was really pretty at night, no sand just small rocks, however we were unable to find the moon...

the next day we did some shopping, went to the aquarium and got rained on a lot and the wind was pretty brutal.

NZ rule #1: ALWAYS bring a raincoat if there is rain in the forecast even if you are out for a few hours...it will rain on you(and it will probably poor) like it did on my way to class a couple times this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment